Mulch & Tanbark
Pennsylvania sales regulations are as follows:
- Mulch must be sold by "Volume" (cubic measure).
- 1 cu yd = 27 Cubic Feet (Length X Width X Height)
- A mulch seller may not sell or use terms such as truck-load, rack, or pile.
Regardless of Payment by Check or Cash, sellers of mulch must give you a receipt showing:
- Buyer and seller names, addresses, and phone/contact information
- Kind of product purchased
- Amount purchased
- Price paid
Don't think you received the correct amount of product?
1. If you believe you did not receive the proper amount of product
(firewood or mulch), do not use any of the product.
2. Contact our department and we can come out to help measure the
delivered amount, and if there is an issue, we can investigate.
3. Often, sellers of firewood, mulch, and tanbark will load a "heaping measure"
to ensure they provide at least the adequate amount of product. Other
suppliers have a more meticulous approach, selling the exact amount
product. The second supplier may appear to "jip" you, but are actually just