Firearms & Licensing
ALERT: DECEMBER 6 2023 WILL BE LATE NIGHT (OPEN UNTIL 8PM) FOR FIREARMS IN DECEMBER NOT DECEMBER 13 2023
The Office of the Sheriff is responsible for the issuance of several licenses pursuant to Pennsylvania Law.
License to Carry a Firearm
18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(a) - A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth.
Apply online at the link below:
License to Sell Firearms
18 Pa.C.S. § 6112 - No retail dealer shall sell, or otherwise transfer or expose for sale or transfer, or have in his possession with intent to sell or transfer, any firearm without being licensed.
License to Sell Precious Metals
Act 1984-17 - A dealer in precious metals shall obtain a license from the sheriff of each and every county in which the dealer purchases precious metals.
- Does the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office issue Non-Resident Firearms permits?
- If I move to another County in Pennsylvania, what do I need to do with regards to my License to Carry?
- How old do I need to be to apply for a License to Carry Firearm?
- May I mail my completed application to the Sheriff's Office for processing?
- How long is a License to Carry Firearms valid?
- Is there a fee when I apply for a License to Carry Firearms?
- How long will it take to process my application? Will you mail the license to me when it is approved?
- What do I need to bring with me to apply for a License to carry Firearms?
- What is the difference between a License to Carry Firearms and a Sportsman's Firearm permit?
- If I have a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms, may I carry my firearm in states other than Pennsylvania?