Cumberland County Recovery Grants
The Cumberland County Board of Commissioners has awarded a total of $24,250,468 in Cumberland County Recovery Grants. Visit our grants awarded page to learn more.
Cumberland County Recovery Grant funding is available in the form of three grant categories. For additional information about who and what projects are eligible for each grant program, visit the pages below.
Visit our grant application page to learn how to apply online. No paper submissions will be accepted.
- September 29, 2021 - Board of Commissioners award $2,500,000 in grants to higher education
- May 2022 - Grant application opens May 16, 2022
- June 2022 - Grant application closes July 1, 2022
- October 12, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $7,112,908 in grant funding
- October 26, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $6,434,235 in grant funding
- November 9, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $1,210,718 in grant funding and dedicate $25 million to county revenue replacement to protect the fiscal health of the county
- November 23, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $5,406,757 in grant funding
- December 21, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $955,500 in grant funding
- December 28, 2022 - Board of Commissioners award $630,350 in grant funding
Prevailing wage applies for projects larger than $25,000 and contractors are required to have workmans comp at PA required levels. If construction is over $10,000, a performance bond and payment bond from the contractor are required.
The county is making funds available as grants to support ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic recovery efforts in the community. The county has established three primary goals for this funding as follows:
- Goal 1: Improve the physical & mental health of county residents directly & indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
- Goal 2: Revitalize Cumberland County communities negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- Goal 3: Restore & deliver government services impeded, delayed, or cancelled by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Out of the $49,214,152 the county received it allocated $25 million to protect the fiscal health of the county. These funds will cover general fund expenditures and special projects.
- 6.1.22 Applications for Cumberland County Recovery Grants Extended Until July 1
- 5.16.22 Cumberland County Recovery Grants Now Accepting Grant Applications
- 10.13.22 Commissioners Approve $7.1 Million in Cumberland County Recovery Grants
- 11.9.22 Commissioners Approve Additional $1.2 Million in Recovery Grants for Businesses and Non-profits Totaling $17.2 Million for the Community
- 11.25.22 Cumberland County Awards Additional $5.4 Million in Recovery Grant Funding
- 12.22.22 Cumberland County Awards $955,500 in Recovery Grant Funding for Conservation of Camp Tuckahoe Land
- 12.28.22 Cumberland County Awards $630,350 in Recovery Grant Funding for Libraries
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions document. If you have questions that aren't answered in our FAQs or need assistance completing an application, please send your questions with your contact information and a good time to reach you so we can assist you.
Email us at email@example.com