Provide effective and efficient resources and services to all county employees and residents while cultivating a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, service focused, and adheres to all federal, state, and local laws, and regulations.
- Talent Management: Recruit, develop, and retain top talent for county positions. A subsection of human resources through which employees are effectively recruited and feel engaged with the purpose of retention.
- Total Compensation: Administer, communicate, evaluate and implement direct and indirect compensation provided to county employees and prospective county employees. Ensure competitiveness of direct and indirect compensation in the market, while being mindful of the fiscal impact on the county budget.
- Employee & Labor Relations: Develop, communicate, and facilitate a work in environment in which county policies and procedures are consistently applied. Work with county management to resolve employee/labor relations issues fairly and consistently while complying with all applicable county policies, collective bargaining agreements, laws, and regulations.
- Risk Management: Create a comprehensive, proactive approach to identify, mitigate, and monitor potential risks impacting the county. When incidents occur, prioritize and manage reporting and documentation to minimize the liability to the county.
- Workforce Development: Develop employees to meet the current and future needs of the county by providing formal and informal developmental opportunities to maximize job success and career growth.
Cumberland County Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Statement
Cumberland County acknowledges and celebrates the unique characteristics of our residents, employees, and visitors. We identify diversity as a strength and consider it a growing, valuable asset of our community. We thoughtfully offer services and opportunities by understanding the different needs of our residents and actively engaging the underrepresented. Everyone who lives, works, and visits Cumberland County will benefit from our commitment to a welcoming environment.