- Agriculture, Development & Planning
- Planning Department
- Subdivision & Land Development
- Plan Submission & Recording Procedures
Online Submission & Recording Procedures
Please contact our office by calling 717-240-5362 or emailing email@example.com for any additional assistance.
To submit a plan, amended ordinance, comprehensive plan or sewage component 4B for review by the Cumberland County Planning Department, please complete the following:
- Please complete the online application for all submissions to the Cumberland County Planning Department. Upon completion, you will recieve an email verifying submission that includes a copy of your application.
- A Portable Document Format (PDF) file of the plan and supporting documentation must be attached to the online application. The PDF should be optimized and compressed to reduce file size. Paper and/or scanned copies of the submission will NOT be accepted.
- A copy of the application will be provided upon completion of the online submission. A check made payable to "Cumberland County Planning Department” along with a paper copy of the application should be mailed to: 310 Allen Road Suite 101, Carlisle, PA 17013. PLEASE NOTE: Carlisle Postal Service is experiencing extended delays. You may consider hand delivering the check until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!
- Payment should reflect the amount shown on the completed application.
Cumberland County Fee Schedule
Recording of Plans
- Prior to obtaining signature from the Planning Department, it is recommended that applicants review the Recorder of Deeds website or view Plan Recording Instructions to review the process and fee for recording of a plan. Please note the change to the Planning Department's requirements:
- Cumberland County strives to create the most accurate public records possible. The following electronic AutoCAD files (.dwg) are required by the Planning Department prior to or at the time of recording any plan. Please note that the Planning Department will not sign the plan for recording until this information is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Links to online file downloads are acceptable. Applicants are required to provide the following files:
- Parcel boundaries
- Lot lines
- Building footprints
- Road rights-of-ways
- Edge of pavement
- Declaration of planned communities/condominiums documents (including amendments)
- The Planning Department staff will be available from 8:00am – 4:30pm to sign plans for recording. The Planning Department does not require a paper copy of the plan or charge a fee for the signature.
For questions, call 717-240-5362