Recovering Your Losses


A claim for restitution can be submitted to the Victim Services Division. Restitution can be ordered by a judge.

Once restitution is ordered, supervision of collection is managed by the Adult Probation Office. You may contact the Adult Probation Office:

  1. Adult Probation and Parole


    Office Hours
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Crime Victims Compensation Assistance Program

If awarded, this program may cover any reimbursed medical expenses, loss of wages or support or loss of the ability to earn wages as a result of bodily injury from a crime.  Pain, suffering, and property losses are not covered. This act requires that the crime be reported to the police within 72 hours after the crime occurred. 

Applications can be obtained from our office or by contacting:

Victims Compensation Assistance Program

Bureau of Victims' Services
P.O. Box 1167
Harrisburg, PA 17108-1167

717.783.5153 or 1.800.233.2339