PA MEDI 2022 Medicare Annual Open Enrollment Starts October 15
PA MEDI (Formerly APPRISE) Health Insurance Counseling Program
PA MEDI is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for all Medicare beneficiaries in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging created PA MEDI to help Pennsylvanians understand their Medicare and other related health insurance benefits and assist them in making sound decisions about what is best for them.
PA MEDI counselors are specially trained staff and volunteers who can answer your questions about Medicare and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicare Advantage Plans, Prescription Plans, and Medicaid.
Through individualized counseling, we can:
- Help you understand your Medicare benefits by explaining which services are covered under Parts A & B and your Medicare Summary Notice.
- Help you make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, including Medicare Advantage Plans, Medigap Plans, and Prescription Plans.
- Help you understand the Medicare appeals process and assist with appeals paperwork.
- Explain financial assistance programs that may be available to assist in paying for your Medicare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance, as well as your prescription drug needs.
- Present presentations on Medicare to your organization.
Video overview of PA MEDI and Medicare 101
If you would like a PA MEDI appointment, please call (717) 240-6110 or 1-888-697-0371 ext. 6110.
PA MEDI Documents